125g of Dairy Free Butter
125g of Caster Sugar
1 Ripe BANANA
75g of mixed berries (fresh or frozen - defrost the berries)
125g of self raising flour
1tsp of cinnamon
for the buttercream
75g of Dairy Free Butter
150g of Icing Sugar
1/2tsp of Cinnamon
For the chocolate brush strokes
100g of Vegan White Chocolate
selection of food colourings
1. Preheat the oven to 175C (Fan) and prepare a 12 hole muffin tin with your favourite cupcake cases.
2. Cream together the butter and sugar until smooth and pale,
3. Mash the banana and beat this into your creamed butter. beat in the flour and cinnamon.
4. Fold in the berries. divide your mixture evenly between your cupcake cases. Bake in the oven for 22-25 minutes. Leave to cool completely.
5. To make your buttercream beat the butter for 3 - 5 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Add the Icing Sugar and cinnamon and beat for a further 3 minutes.
6. Add a spoonful of buttercream onto each cake and set aside.
7. Over a pan of boiling water melt your white chocolate in a heat proof bowl. Divide the melted chocolate between bowls, one for each different colour you're going to be using. Add a little food colouring and stir, add more food colouring till you are happy with the colour.
8. Ideally on silicone mats, or, you can use a sheet of greaseproof paper, spoon a teaspoon of white chocolate onto your sheet then drag the spoon upwards creating the brush stoke look. Allow to chill in the freezer for 20 - 30 minutes.
9. Once chilled carefully remove from the silicone mat/greaseproof paper and add a few to each cupcake.
i also added some vegan meringues to each cupcake. To find the recipe follow the link below.
Happy Baking. All my love