top of page
The Perfect mERINGUE KISSES
1. Pre-heat your oven to 120 degrees (Fan) and line two baking tray with grease proof paper.
2. Separate your eggs. Instead of cracking your egg on the side of the bowl or using a knife lightly tap it on our work service to 'smash' the egg shell. Doing it this way means there is no chance a piece of shell could pierce your egg yolk and ruin your meringues.
3. MOST IMPORTANT STEP! Weigh your egg whites. How ever much your eggs weigh, double that amount and this is how much caster sugar you will need.
4. Whisk your egg white to from stiff peaks.
5. Slowly add the caster sugar to the eggs and continue to whisk for at least 5 minutes.
6. To see if your mixture is ready rub a small amount between your fingers, if you can feel any grains of sugar your meringue mixture is not ready. Continue to whisk until you can feel no grains of sugar.
7. Either spoon and shape the meringue mixture on a baking tray. Or, to give it that professional finish fit a piping bag with a round open nozzle and pipe small kisses onto your baking tray.
8. Bake for 20 - 22 minutes. When ready the meringue should come away from the baking tray with ease.
Use on top of tiered cakes, cupcakes, elegant tarts or simply add to a bowl of your favourite fruit.
Happy Baking. All my love
Youtube Video Coming Soon!
bottom of page