125g of Unsalted Butter
55g of Caster Sugar
180g of Plain Flour
Pink Food Dye (I prefer to use a paste based dye.)
1. Preheat the oven to 190C (170C if using a fan over) and line two flat baking trays.
2. Cream together the butter and sugar until smooth and pale,
3. Gradually add the flour and combine to form a solid ball. If you are struggling to form a ball with your mixture add a tiny amount of milk to help bind it all together.
4. Break away a 1/3 of the mixture and add a small amount of pink food dye. Kneed the mixture to allow the colour to spread through out.
5. Break off ping pong ball sized amounts of each mixture and roll into individual balls. On a clean work service create a pattern of alternating colours. Kneed the mixture together until you can see swirls throughout your mixture, be careful not to over work your mixture as you could end up with a solid colour. You will, of course, have more of the plain mixture so sometimes place two of these together.