200g of Good Quality Dark Chocolate
100g Unsalted Butter
250g of Caster Sugar
75g of Self - Raising Flour
60g of Cocoa Powder
100g of Chopped Cherries
75ml of Dark Rum - For this recipe I used Cloven Hoof Spiced Rum, www.clovenhoofrum.com
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees (160 degrees fan) and line a 20cmx20cm baking tin with parchment paper.
2. Cream together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy (around 3-4 minutes)
3. Over a pan of boiling water, melt the chocolate in a heat proof bowl, making sure the chocolate or the bowl doesn't touch the boiling water. Once melted set asidea to cool completely.
4. Beat the eggs into butter and sugar and mixture, adding the eggs one at a time. Make sure the egg has been fully combined into the mixture before adding the next.
5. Add the cooled melted chocolate into the butter, sugar and egg mixture.
6. Fold in the flour and cocoa powder.
7. Gently fold in the chopped cherries.
8. Place the brownie mixture into the greased baking tin, level the mixture out and place in the over for 25 - 30 minutes.
Your brownies should just be set in the middle.
9. Whilst the brownies are still warm, brush over the rum and leave the brownies to cool completely before cutting. I like to place the brownies in the fridge for a few hours just to set the mixture, it makes cutting them much easier.
10. Cut into small or large squares, what ever makes you happy and simply enjoy the chocolatey goodness!!
Happy Baking. All my Love