Cake and Slice
For the Blueberry Syrup:
75g of Blueberries
70g of Granulated Sugar
1tbsp of Honey
120ml of Prossecco
For the Cupcakes:
125g of Unsalted Butter
125g of Caster Sugar
1/4 tsp of Bicarbonate of Soda
125g of Self Raising Floor
For the Italian Meringue:
4 Egg Whites
225g of Granulated Sugar
6 tbsp of Cold Water
A handful of Blueberries to top the cupcakes with.
1. Combine all the blueberry syrup ingredients in a medium saucepan, gradually bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
2. Pre-heat the over to 175 degrees (155 degrees if using a fan oven) and prepare a 12 whole muffin tin with cake cases.
3. Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, slowly beat in the eggs - making sure the eggs are fully combined.
4. Sieve in the floor and bicarbonate of soda and fold into the mixture.
5. Sieve the blueberry syrup, add the mushed blueberries into your cake mixture and a 1/4 of the syrup and beat till fully combined. Set aside the reming syrup.
6.Bake in the oven for 22 minutes, or until the cakes are cooked all the way through.
7.Re-heat the Blueberry syrup, whilst the cakes are still warm stab each cake with a knife 2 times, using a pastry brush brush the cakes with the syrup (saving a little to drizzle on top.) Set the cupcakes aside to cool.
8. Whisk the egg whites together till firm.
9. In a saucepan bring the sugar and water to a slow simmer, once your sugar syrup reaches 125 degrees slowly pour into the whisked egg mixture, continually whisking the egg whites. Keep whisking the egg whites until the mixing bowl has reached room temperature.
10. Fit a piping bag with a large star nozzle and pipe a tall swirl on top of your cupcakes. Add 2 or 3 blueberries the top of the Italian Meringue and add a drizzle of the reaming blueberry syrup.
Happy Baking!! All My Love.