top of page
1. pLACE THE RASPBERRIES, LEMON JUICE AND SUGAR IN A SMALL SAUCEPAN, BRING TO A GENTLE SIMMER AND LEAVE TO BUBBLE AND REDUCE FOR 3-5 MINS. tAKE OFF THE EAT AND LEAVE TO COOL.
2. Pre-heat your oven to 175 degrees (fan) and prepare a 12 hole muffin tin with your favourite cases.
3. Cream together the butter and sugar till light and creamy, add the eggs in one at a time, fold in the flour and baking powder and finally beat in the milk - make sure all ingredients are fully combined.
4. FoLD half the cooled raspberry mixture to the cupcake batter. fILL YOUR CASES TILL JUST OVER HALF FULL WITH YOUR CAKE BATTER, PLACE IN THE OVEN AND COOK FOR 22 - 25 MINUTES OR UNTILL A LIGHT GOLDEN COLOUR AND A SKEWAR COMES OUT THE CUPCAKE CLEAN. plACE ON THE SIDE TO COOL COMPLETELY.
5. tURN YOUR OVEN DOWN TO 120 DEGREES (FAN) AND LINE A FLAT BAKING TIN WITH GREESE PROOF PAPER.
6. separate YOUR EGGS AND WEIGH YOUR EGG WHITES. hOWEVER MUCH YOUR EGGS WEIGH DOUBLE IT AND THAT WILL TELL YOU HOW MUCH CASTER SUGAR TO USE (IF YOUR EGGS WEIGH 50G YOU WILL USE 100G OF CASTER SUGAR.) whisk the egg whites to form stiff peaks. once stiff gradually whisk in the caster sugar. to test if you meringue mixture is ready, rub some of the mixture between your fingers, you shouldn't be able to feel any sugar grains, if you can continue to whisk your mixture.
7. Fit a piping bag with a round open nozzle, add your meringue mixture to your bag and pipe small kisses. if you do not own a piping bag use a teaspoon to create small meringue kisses. place in the oven and bake for 20 -22 minus, the meringue kisses should come away from the grease proof paper with ease. set aside to cool
8. WHILE YOUR CUPCAKES ARE COOLING PREPARE YOUR BUTTERCREAM. bEAT THE BUTTER UNTILL PLAE IN COLOUR (THIS WILL TAKE AROUND 3 -5 MINUTES. ADD HALF THE ICIING SUGAR AND 1TSB MILK, SLOWLY BEAT AND ALLOW THE INGREDIENTS TO FULLY COMBINE BEFORE ADDING THE REMAINING MILK AND ICING SUGAR. bEAT FOR ANOTHER 5 MINUTES (THIS WILL GIVE YOU A BEAUTIFUL SMOOTH AND PALE BUTTERCREAM. fINALLY ADD THE REMAINING RASPBERRY MIXTURE TO YOUR BUTTERCREAM. You can either spoon your buttercream on to the top of your cupcakes, or, as i like to do, use a star nozzle and a piping bags and pipe beautiful buttercream swirls. to finish top each cupcake with a meringue kiss and a raspberry.
happy baking. all my love
For the Ripple
50g of caster Sugar
150g of Fresh or frozen rasperries
Juice of Half a Lemon
For the Cupcake
125g of Unsalted Butter
125g of Caster Sugar
125g of Self Raising Flour
1/4 tsp of Baking Powder
2tbs of Milk
For the Buttercream
250g of Unsalted Butter (ROOM TEMPERATURE)
400g of Icing Sugar
2TBS OF MILK
For the Meringue Kisses
Between 80 - 120g of Caster Sugar
12 raspberries to garnish
bottom of page